Society for Radiological Prevention 2020 Annual Conference
Date: 28-30 April 2020
Location: Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Practical radiation protection: innovation and challenges for 2020 and beyond.
- Medical sector – has the revision to IRRs including changes to the new eye lens dose, IR(ME)R and CDG changed the practice of RP in hospitals?
- Nuclear Sector – for compliance with REPPIR, how does an RPA argue SQEP to deal with a site emergency when the highest activity experienced is
1 Bq/cm2 alpha on a foot?
- Oil and Gas industry – how have changes involving NORM affected work and disposals of waste arisings?
- Has Brexit impacted foreign students attending UK universities and R&D at establishments such as JET?
- Has the cost associated with notification etc, meant schools no longer teach with radioactive sources when discussing half-life and shielding?
- What future RP challenges does the future hold with the development of the UK’s Geological Disposal Facility and development of Small Modular Reactors.